This weeks blog is an incredible Dutch Passion AutoMazar grow. Two AutoMazar’s were planted by ‘LEDbud’, who is a Central-European legal grower specialising in maximising the harvest potential of his plants. The AutoMazar’s were grown in large 30 litre airpots containing BioBizz coco mix and were grown under LED.
The result was quite incredible, the AutoMazar’s grew large numbers of huge blooms. Results like these are some of the best you will see – most home growers dream of producing plants like these. All the photographs of AutoMazar come from LEDbuds special grow.
Above, Dutch Passion AutoMazar grown in massive 30 litre airpots of coco fibre
An unusual grow in many ways
- Firstly, the AutoMazar’s produced an exceptionally heavy yield and really looked like Xmas trees at the end. It shows what is possible from premium quality auto genetics in good conditions. The plants were held up by a cane-support system to prevent them collapsing under their own weight. The 15-20 largest side blooms all grew to a really good size, this is key to delivering XXL harvests in home growing.
- Secondly, the AutoMazar’s were grown in 30 litre airpots filled with coco fibre, an unusual combination. Often we see airpots being used to great effect with compost rather than coco. Coco fibre is a naturally well aerated growing medium which produces good results even in traditional plant containers. So seeing 30 litre airpots combined with coco fibre grow medium was an unusual sight.
Airpots are similar to traditional plant containers, but they have hundreds of airholes around the side to allow extra root oxygenation, and airpots have a dimpled inner surface which prevent roots from clinging to the side/bottom of the pot. In this grow LEDbud showed what a great combination coco, LED and airpots make.
- Thirdly, LEDbud used a 600W Helios 6 from Quantum LED above each Dutch Passion AutoMazar, offering a huge amount of light for 20 hours of daily photosynthesis. We see an increasing number of home-growers using LED to produce great results.
Comments and pictures are from LEDbud
“I had 2 plants, I called them Mary and Jane. I had to cut Jane down on 100 days because of mold and got 343g dry. Mary was 107 days and 407g dry. They were grown in 30l air pots with BioBizz Coco-Mix and fed with Canna Terra Vega in veg and canna coco in bloom.”
- Day 67-90: Atami Bloombastic at 1ml per litre, the P/K (Phosphorus/Potassium) ratio is 20/21 for Bloombastic.
- Day 90-102: Advanced Nutrients Overdrive at 2ml per litre and flushed for 5 days.
- Day 52 to 66 day: Canna PK13/14 was used at 1ml per litre
- Day 66: EC 2.2 and this increased to EC 2.6 on day 90
“I also used Canna Rhizotonic (root stimulant) until day 80. Canna silica and Plant Magic Magne-Cal + was used on alternate feeds, the pH was 6.2 to 6.3 from start to finish.”
Additional side light
“For the first 52 days I used one Helios 6 over each plant, from day 40 I used an additional Photon Pro 84 as a side light, one for each plant. From day 52 until finish each plant had its own Super Helios 6 (600W power draw). AutoMazar was very easy to grow, they love extra light and extra feed.”
“This my first grow with air-pots, I think they are almost as good as DWC, but easier.”
“Roots were plentiful, I don’t think I will grow in DWC anymore. I recommend airpots and coco.”
“AutoMazar is lovely smoke, a taste like haze with a lemon fruity smell, she has an ‘up’ buzz.”
“It smokes very nice, even after just 2 weeks drying. I have only been growing autos since Feb-2013, I tried growing a few autos and was going go back to growing photoperiod varieties.”
“Then I tried Dutch passions Think Different and AutoXtreme, I was happy with the plants and I started this AutoMazar. Now I am an Auto convert, flowering at 20 hours a day they get 8 hours more light than photo varieties. You get a better yield in same grow time.”
Above, note the incredible size of the AutoMazar root ball which grew in the 30 litre airpot of coco. Normally rootballs of this size are only seed in hydroponics.
Congratulations to LEDbud on two very special looking plants, it was also great to see large airpots used with coco fibre and LED, we like to see home growers experimenting with new ways to push cannabis genetics as far as they will go.
Find me on Facebook too!